Tuesday, February 9, 2010

God wrote my friend joel back


(i stole this from my friends blog joob theory)

Dear Joel,

I want to start by saying that I am so freaking awesome, but that’s neither here nor there.  Let’s get to the point…your sin changes absolutely nothing about the way I feel about you. I love you. I’ve blinded myself to your sin, and have chosen to see only Christ’s righteousness. Don’t strive for righteousness. Through Jesus’ death, you already have it.

When you practice legalism, I hear you saying, “God, I’m Joel and I’m an arrogant blowhole. Your son’s death was pretty cool but only 90% effective, but it’s okay, I think I can handle the other 10% by being ‘pretty good.’”  Your obedience does not earn extra-infinite love from me.

Listen, the only reason I tell you not to sin is because I love you and want you to live an awesomely joyful life. Sin is lame and in case you haven’t noticed, it hurts you. That’s why I tell you not to do it. Obedience is for your own good. When you disobey, you are being foolishly self-destructive or simply not believing that I have your best in mind. Don’t be an idiot.

Also, sin might make you feel farther from me, but that is a lie. Only a deceitful feeling. Joel, trust my promises, not your fickle feelings.

Concerning your question about other dimensions and universes, I’d tell you but your brain would probably explode.  And about your other question…at this point my answer is no, I’m not going to “Enoch” you out of there.

Sincerely,
God

P.S. I am awesome.
P.P.S. Jesus says hi and that he is lookign forward to seeing you agian.
P.P.P.S. Sorry about the typos. Gabriel normally czechs my spelling but he was busy playing Halo.

No comments:

Post a Comment