Thursday, February 4, 2010

salsa might be my favorite food


do you guys know the pioneer woman?

 

if you dont you need to buy her book
and start reading her blog immediately

she lived in the city and ate city fancy food
and then fell in love with a cowboy
and now lives on a farm 
and has learned to cook country food
and she does it SO well

the next thing that i must make is her salsa


it looks perfect
and i have made my fair share of salsas
but i think she may have perfected it
Ingredients
  • 1 can (28 Ounce) Whole Tomatoes With Juice
  • 2 cans (10 Ounce) Rotel (diced Tomatoes And Green Chilies)
  • ¼ cups Chopped Onion
  • 1 clove Garlic, Minced
  • 1 whole Jalapeno, Quartered And Sliced Thin
  • ¼ teaspoons Sugar
  • ¼ teaspoons Salt
  • ¼ teaspoons Ground Cumin
  • ½ cups Cilantro (more To Taste!)
  • ½ whole Lime Juice
Preparation Instructions
Combine whole tomatoes, Rotel, onion, jalapeno, garlic, sugar, salt, cumin, lime juice, and cilantro in a blender or food processor. Pulse until you get the salsa to the consistency you’d like—I do about 10 to 15 pulses. Test seasonings with a tortilla chip and adjust as needed.
Refrigerate salsa for at least an hour. Serve with tortilla chips or cheese nachos.

ill try it out soon and let you know
and you can trust me
chips and salsa might be my favorite food


1 comment:

  1. Lauren, maybe you are NOT my nemesis after all, as I have come to realize that chips and salsa is always at the top of my list. And I'll try some when you make it...one thing I have learnt about salsa in the blender is that it can put too much air in there if you are not careful. I know that simmering after blending releases the air bubbles and makes a smoother, purer salsa. Then you have to cool it...Here's to making more work for ourselves!

    ReplyDelete