Tuesday, February 16, 2010

this day in history


someone asked me to marry them
on this day
in the year 2008

do you want to know how it happened?
ok ill tell you

my boyfriend at the time 
thought that it would be fun to do another "thai night"
(the only other time he had done this sort of a night
was when he asked me to be his girlfriend
but of course i did not notice the connection at the time)

thai night is when we have tons of friends over
and cook lots of yummy thai food
like panang curry chicken
 

green curry
masaman curry with pineapples
and lots of fluffy white jasmine rice

also on thai night
you dress up
however your heart desires

which for some might mean thai-dye (get it...thai)
and for others wolverine 
or crustaches



(by the way this wolverine has a blog
if you wanna read it ) 
 
so he sets a date for the dinner and starts inviting
and it turns out that lots of people can come
hmm what a coincidence
friends even come to thai night from athens, ga

so we eat dinner
then my boyfriend says
lets go get ice cream and go to the dam
(which is what he did to ask me to be his girlfriend)
im still clueless of any connection

so we sat in the moonlight and talked and laughed
and then he whipped out a guitar 
and sang me a funny song
which was normal
cause hes a funny guy
until the last line
and it said something about being his wife

at which point everything got a little blurry
and i remember him getting on his knee
saying some words to me
and then me crying profusely
because i had absolutely no idea
but i think i said yes

so then we call some people
and drive back to my house
where the number of cars in the driveway has multiplied
now it all makes sense
why so many wanted to come to thai night

then i start to worry 
because i dont want to be the center of attention
it makes me nervous
and im wearing what my heart desired still
which was silly

and then he tells me
dont worry
allison and drew got engaged tonight too
(much to his surprise)
and they are going to walk in with us
what a magical relief
dispersed attention

the engaged men


the engaged ladies

  

sweet roommates

  

joy

  

storytelling

  

prayer

  

confetti
everywhere
for months

 

what a perfect day

thanks for asking me to be your wife :)




(ok sorry for all the gushy posts
ill find something cool and mean to post next)



No comments:

Post a Comment